Tuesday, November 6, 2007

BLOGS

Since I am a senior, my blogs would probably appeal most to seniors...though not always limited to that audience. However, many seniors still don't understand what a blog is and are apprehensive about it. Quite a few have told me they read the blog frequently, and it shows up on a sitemeter map that people in that area have been onto the site, yet they rarely leave comments. I think the site should be interactive. Silence does not convince me that what I write is agreed to by most readers.

It frustrates me that those who claim not to know what a blog is, make no attempt to look at one to learn. Some think looking at your blog downloads it to your computer. Others seem not to understand that the site is a URL...or even understand what a URL is or that the Internet is full of many interesting blogs, full of informationand far more informative than many other sources.

I checked blogs by category and none fit mine. There should be a category of Miscellaneous. I write random subjects that come to mind or events to which I respond. Sometimes I just share some of the things I've learned in life. I've learned that life is not lonely when one is in touch with lots of people in lots of places. A blog is one way to touch people, as is the telephone, chats, letter writing, and personal visiting.

Blogs are safe. Even if strangers disagree, (hopefully you have given no personal information) you make no plans to personally meet. All practical rules of safety and precaution should apply in everything one does.

No comments: