Tuesday, January 15, 2008

MESSAGES TO MY BLOG

Not many people leave messages on my blog. A couple of days ago I was pleasantly surprised to see that someone had and hurried to read it. However, my anticipation gave way quickly to total surprise when it turned out to be in Serbian. The introduction, four words in English, suggested it was not intended to laud me or my blog.

Google is marvelous. There was a PS to the blog that, translated through Google, told me in Serbian, what they are doing to my mother. Had she not died more than 20 years ago, she might have been quite surprised to learn of it. Serbia must be getting kids onto computers pretty early because the level of the four English words in the header, and the three Serbian words in the post script, suggest the mental age at about 10.

At first I was impressed that my blog is being read from so far away, then realized the writer could be within the US, since I have no way of tracing the writer. It also taught me that the little trash can beside the message deletes it. I am never to know the meaning contained in that noble message in its entirety, forever limited to having understood only the colorful postscript.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May your mother be honored in any language but more importantly she honored you with a sharp wit and a easy sense of humor that we enjoy reading.

Yiayia said...

Thriftj, I had no idea you read my blog. I'm flattered! I'm afraid I haven't been as active on LBD as I used to be; a little energy is going here. I miss the action we used to have...maybe it will come back.