Monday, February 4, 2008

SUPERBOWL 2008

As a NE Patriot's fan, the game was certainly a disappointment but. in all honesty, it has not changed the course of my daily life. Early this morning my sister phoned me from New Jersey to offer her condolences. The concept was very strange to me and I had to struggle with it. I don't own the team, I am not a team member nor does my budget depend on a team member, the Pat's were not robbed by unfair calls, and my life after the initial empathy for the team (which already had broken lots of records and lost making yet another) goes back to rest then start training for the next year. I chalked the loss up to better playing by the Giants, and assumed the Giants knew Brady's ankle was in bad shape and helped, when they could, to make it worse. That's acceptable behavior in these violent, big boy sports.

Life will go back to having to find other ways to avoid getting caught up with Iraq and the presidential contest. The media will go back to reporting every trivial element in Britney's life, Hillary bashing, and turning the news into opinions rather than reporting facts, fans will turn their sadness to anger at the Pats, then they will find another source with which to identify to feel like winners.

Go Red Sox!

No comments: