Wednesday, May 21, 2008

THE GAMES THAT SHOULDN'T BE

As the pundits sit in a round table on MSNBC, the older ones talk about past US Presidents and how these TV personalities were speech writers in the 'game' of politics. War is a game; politics is a game, and I guess to guys, most things are games. I rather doubt women think of those areas in the same deprecating way.

Throughout, this reminiscing of the past was a premature eulogy for Ted Kennedy. It served to show me the shallowness of the MSM (Main Stream Media). If one didn't know that there are many people who actually work towards causing things to happen, not just talk about what should be, or could be done, it might be even more depressing to me.

Somali children invent a new 'war game'...Ethiopians and Islamists. I don't see any little girls' faces in there but that doesn't mean there aren't any. Little boys seem to be being trained as insurgents. I dread the thought of what the little girls will be used for.

There is even a game about the 'political battleground'.

For those of us who are serious about our welfare and that of our future citizens (our children and their children and others' children) the attitude expressed this evening on the Chris Matthews show, as he talked over everyone, was to me a continuation of disappointments in American media. Most on CNN, when I tuned in there, seemed less egotistical. While the MSNBC crew talked more about themselves, CNN with their great graph and other visuals, explained the candidate's race. Since I have too much of a negative visceral reaction to Hannity, O'Reilly and others on Fox I could not make myself turn to that channel, even to be fair and balanced in this blog.

People, stop playing. Recess is over now. Let's get to work on this country! Let's make it a better place to live than it has been for the past 8 years, at very least!

No comments: