Saturday, July 19, 2008

HUMOR ON TV ISN'T AS FUNNY AS IT USED TO BE

There have been very funny men and women, sadly we have little record of them. Thnks to modern ways of storing film and images, YouTube has saved wonderful things for us. Recently Father Sarducci was replayed for me. Or you might try Sarducci on Vita Est Lavorum.

One of my favorites was Bill Cosby who chose subjects we all understood. His routine on drinking was well understood by anyone who had ever imbibed more than they could handle at least once in their life. (This includes everyone but Muslims, Seventh Day Adventists, Baptists, some Lutherans, and those in AA as well as Temperance Movement members and me.)

2 comments:

SuperDwarf said...

AA members are well versed in the porcelain God

Yiayia said...

Indeed, as are many who never made it to AA!! Thanks for letting me know you read my blog, SD