Saturday, July 12, 2008

THE WELL RAN DRY

As I think about what I'd like to write each day my head is usually not full of such personal events. However, today my son and family have arrived from London for their vacation and I am totally absorbed in the changes a year has brought. The little one who used to crawl into my bed at 5 AM (not too long after I'd frequently retired) and prattle on about trains, legos, fantasies, and all the things that fill a little boy's head until he is six, is now 16 and towers over me.

His brother, 14, is now also taller than I....but, then again, the whole world that didn't play in the Wizard of Oz is taller than I.

I'm learning that the British economy is no better than ours right now and that Tony Blair's replacement is not particularly highly thought of though seems to be a slight notch in higher esteem than our leader who escaped from his ranch in Texas to make the world miserable.

Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to write with a bit more intellectual cohesivenss.........

No comments: