Monday, November 3, 2008

A DISTANT VIEW ON US POLITICS


From Deutsche Welle, a German newspaper. It is always confirming to see newspapers outside this country seeing what I have been seeing here, but attempts are being made by the politicians and media in the USA to convince me that I do not see what I have seen. quoting from the paper, "The economy, taxes and America's image are hot-button issues for US expats in Germany. But even Republicans are now going Democrat for a far more compelling reason: Fear that Sarah Palin could become president."

There is reason why I question how people in other countries seem to form beliefs that our own Americans fail to see.

Watching a retrospective of the campaign, I hear Gov. Patterson of MY say, "If McCain is the answer, the question must be ridiculous," As my Archie Bunker relative phoned to 'check in' and try to engage me in a political discussion where he could shout profanities at me for not agreeing to vote for his candidate, I thought "It will be over in two more days!", with much relief! How frightening that Cheney (The Lord of the Dark Night) has finally given his open blessing. It is comforting to know I am not alone in my concerns. The Rogue, Palin, must really have upset the Republican party. What? the nerve of Palin! She dared assert herself when not even Bush dared to fight the Dark Lord in the eight years he was in office! Might that be why Cheney finally stepped in to make sure McCain doesn't let her into Washington?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And who might that be, LOL! Don't take the bait. There's too much anxiety around this now to let anyone make it worse.