Sunday, December 14, 2008

...AND I MISSED THE SHOW!

It is rare for me to miss a Daily Show. However, I missed one that would have delighted me to see it when it happened. The magic of the media that can reproduce it the day after, in video form, is wonderful so, for those of you who also missed it, here it is.

Jon Stewart and Hall and Oates Piss Off Hannity with Colmes Tribute
Posted by Jason Linkins, Huffington Post at 6:03 AM on December 13, 2008.

"The highlight of last night's Daily Show was the moving send-off that Stewart gave career Fox News doormat Alan Colmes." The musical tribute was well-earned by a man who should consider himself as having the patience of Job. I would strongly urge all readers to glance at the article but, especially, look at the video. Of course it is all ridiculous and sarcastic, but one must wonder what it takes to make people feel they want to handle their feelings that way, and for the rest of us to understand it.

Personally, in my decision to spend the rest of my life feeling as good as it is possible in this world, I have cut Fox News out of my viewing diet. After watching a few like Hannity, Coulter, and Rove, my view of the world tends to turn to dark brown, a color whose image in my brain insults my olfactory sense and has me quickly wanting to throw things at the video screen. I used to talk at the screen but my profanity vocabulary was too limited to make it satisfactory. They just went on to more of their unfair and imbalanced proselytizing opinions. Since I am also a confirmed 'non-violent person', I channel surf to more quiet places like the History Channel or National Geographic. I would rather watch WWII pictures. At least I know how that story ends and that the good guys won!

No comments: