Tuesday, May 26, 2009

YOU CAN'T AND EAT AND STAY HEALTHY TODAY

What else must we eliminate from our ingestions? A new article states: "Bisphenol A has been shown to interfere with reproductive development in animals and has been tied to serious disease in humans."
"Scientists have demonstrated for the first time that polycarbonate containers release the chemical bisphenol A (BPA) into liquid stored in them.

BPA has been shown to interfere with reproductive development in animals and has been linked with cardiovascular disease and diabetes in humans."

As nearly as I can figure, there is nothing that is good for you, not even bread and water. If the bread is from white flour it is without nourishment and will hurry you along to obesity and diabetes and cause all the difficulties and discomfort of too much yeast. It may contain pesticide residues. The water may have come from a tainted water source or have chemicals put in it to purify which might be toxic to us though someone who could be wrong has decided it isn't. Now we are told, if we buy water, the plastic bottles it comes in will make us ill. We should also believe that much of the water we buy as pure spring water may not be. It may come out of a tap and be no different than the water our utilities supply us.

As someone who discovered my sensitivity to MSG (I get hives from it), I did a Google search on foods to avoid. The results were terrifying. I may never eat again! Certainly I should avoid all food I have not personally grown in my organic garden...that is, if I could have an organic garden. It would also require cooking, which I sometimes avoid equally as MSG. Since I neither wish to be fatter nor scratch myself to death, I am very careful about reading labels. I pull out a magnifying glass, read labels carefully, and later discover that I will have to spend hours looking up chemical names. I scratched for a very long time, thinking I had not had MSG, only to find that autolyzed yeast is the equivalent. Learning that Parmesan cheese is 1% MSG by weight was startling. At the end of a day, a little of this and a little of that adds up just like calories do to too much.

Even gnawing at the woodwork is no longer a choice. I may be ingesting lead paint particles! There is no hope, alas!!!

No comments: