Monday, September 21, 2009

CYA-IS IT POSSIBLE ANY LONGER?

There used to be privacy and ways to protect yourself. We pay for security systems, lock our cars, leave nothing of value showing, wear nothing of value...and the list goes on and on. When the economy is doing well, there is crime. When the economy is NOT doing well, there is crime. Technology was supposed to make our lives easier and safer. Did it?

Today I received and email warning me, if I have a GPS, not to leave my home on it. I was advised to leave a nearby garage, corner store, or such so that if the GPS is stolen, the thieves would not be able to use it to find my house. There were cautions about mobile phones. It was said that someone stole a cell phone and texted to 'hubby', asking for the bank pin number which he immediately sent, thinking it was his wife. The account was cleaned out before she discovered her phone missing and could let her husband know, apparently.

Whether these examples actually happened or not is less relevant than the fact that they easily could. I am NOT PARANOID. They really are out to get me!!!!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

http://www.snopes.com/crime/intent/gps.asp

So Snopes gives this one a "maybe, sort of..."