Wednesday, April 21, 2010

THERE IS TOO MUCH UNEXPLAINABLE IN LIFE

Today, I noted my blog has been showing a huge black space filled with gobbledy-gook.  None of the black showed up in the preview so I was unaware that what I wrote and what Google printed were not the same as the preview showed.  It occurred to me how much time is spent out of my life checking, redoing, and looking for why my world has shifted something so.

Inanimate objects do not seem to remain where I know I placed them.  It seems that I can find everything I have owned and saved for years but the one thing for which I am hunting.  Sometimes I recall I last saw it when I lent it to someone and can, after many wasted hours, get the object back.

Sometimes it is my own lack of attention and human frailty to error.  For example, in a rush to get somewhere as I was trying to print out a Google map, my printer would not print.  I followed the frustrating checklist of steps I have learned which annoy me when techs on Help desks use it.  Is your printer plugged into an AC source?  "Yes"  Is it turned on?  "Yes"  Is it connected to your computer?  "Duh! No"  At this point I am happy no one is watching my stupidity, print that which is on screen and find that only the map printed and not the directions.  However, as I was, by then, late to leave the house, I dashed off with only the map...couldn't find my GPS, and through Divine Intervention...no doubt...I got to my destination on time.

No comments: