Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SECOND-HAND SMOKE IS STILL A HEALTH ISSUE

Secondhand Smoke Associated With Psychiatric Distress, Illness   ScienceDaily (June 8, 2010) — Exposure to secondhand smoke appears to be associated with psychological distress and the risk of future psychiatric hospitalization among healthy adults, according to a report posted online that will appear in the August print issue of Archives of General Psychiatry.  Read the whole article here,

There has been much written for anyone with an ounce of common sense and survival instinct to heed.  Nevertheless, denial can be enormously effective.  I've never been a smoker but my lungs have been damaged from 2nd hand smoke for the years I worked and spent hours (for ten years) with a boss who smoked cigars and a pipe many hours in my presence and for the next 17 years in a mental hospital where modern buildings had no windows that opened and staff and patients mostly all smoking.  For all those years I had a headache daily.  Not until after those 27 saw me at a home office where I controlled the environment did the headaches stop.  It was then I learned of my sensitivity to second hand smoke. Click here for another article on the ill effects to health of second hand smoking.

For yet another explanation of the health hazards, click here This article even goes into third hand smoking.

 



No comments: