Tuesday, July 27, 2010

OUR CONSTITUTION IS BEING THREATENED

While I have lived through many years of changing Presidents, political parties, and the displeasure of voters, I cannot recall in my lifetime the loud battle cry to change the basics of our Constitution giving all citizens equal rights.

REASON.com recently had an excellent article why Sarah Palin, who professes to be a deeply rep;igious person herself, would wish to see the religious rights of others curtailed.  By fighting against a Mosque being built in the area of Ground Zero (actually a couple of blocks away, as I understand it) she is lumping ALL Muslims as though they were the ones perpetrating the tragic events of 9/11.  It seems most un-Christian of her, which sounds quite hypocritical of her.

I urge my readers to read or listen (by clicking on the right arrow) at this link.

For a more knee-jerk reaction, the NY Daily News, provided one.  Check this out by clicking here.

1 comment:

T-Dawg said...

Look up the "Know Nothing" party, which eventually melded into the G.O.P. They make Sarah Palin look like Marilyn vos Savant.