Monday, August 2, 2010

MORE RANDOM THOUGHTS

For some reason my mind seems to be wandering instead of my body, which certainly needs it more..  We used to have parakeets in the house until I reverted to my rule of never buying anything that eats or has moving parts, to simplify my life.  Nevertheless, I used to think about the parakeet who talked to me, sang on my shoulder when I played piano, and never differentiated on what he could relieve himself .  I wondered what will happen to all those birdcages and puppies being trained when there are no longer printed newspapers in people's homes.

Divide and conquer is a long held tactic by many battling.  Unfortunately the Republicans have divided themselves and will be conquered if they don't smarten up...which seems unlikely.

A current description of what it means to be up the creek without a paddle is that a cooling system fault hits the space station.   It is not easy to get parts up there in space.  You can't just look helpless  with the hope that someone will take pity and fix it all for you.  To learn more, click here.

I've tried a mental GPS system and got pretty good at it.  Just as my husband had built sun dials, he became far less rigid in his thinking but always looked at his wristwatch after his sundial...just to be sure.  I wish life offered more things to check against and confirm, but, alas, it will never be.

No comments: