Monday, November 8, 2010

I've been convinced for years that, while I am not typical, nor am I alone in my thinking and feeling about things.  Recently I have stopped watching the major news (which really aren't) channels because I have wearied of listening to media time being given to so many who do nothing but tell the world what they would do if they were present, though that is not what they admit to doing.  The world could be falling apart, but as long as panels require less work from production staff, they will probably be the word of the day just as 'reality' shows are to commercial fodder for the masses.  Spoken of as 'our all-star roundtable' we get to hear arrogant speaker after egotistical speaker who thinks they have worth by telling what they would do if they were President or, if that is even beyond them, have the temerity to tell the sitting President how to do his job!



Another on which I rant is that these self-called 'journalists' (but who aren't, really,) were paying off gambling debts on the elections on Fox News today.  It was an anathema for me to have been on Fox News at all, in the first place.  The second shock was what I saw, renewing my reasons for staying away from that channel which is like the black plague to me.  Have they no shame?  Apparently not.  Even though when they paid their debts off, the money went to charity.  But it was arrogant to giver away such large sums as a game when so many people are out of work.  He grandly paid off a $1000 lost bet in the amount of $10,000, writing the check as he said he was happy to pay because it was a donation to Doctors Without Borders.  Did he really have to do that before the poor millions in the country?  I doubt he would even understand the criticism of 'lack of sensitivity'.  Another big payer was John Stosssell and a third was a beautiful blonde whom I would not have recognized, since I rarely watch the channel, having promised myself a fast death rather than the slow death viewing Fox would give me.

News Channels have sunk to being gossip channels with people speculating with as much accuracy as predicting (without an ultrasound ) the sex of an unborn child!!


1 comment:

Frank J. Lhota said...

An economic downturn is especially hard on charities, who see their donations decrease as the demands for their services increase. So why should anyone be ashamed of making a donation to a charity during a recession?