Saturday, January 15, 2011

THE MEDIA AND PUNDITS ARE JUST GUESSING MOST OF THE TIME, WITH THE REST OF US...BUT THEY GET PAID FOR IT

As New Year's Day came and went, I did not notice the media focus on predicting the next year as often and thoroughly as in the past.  Nor did I see programs posting the disasters predicted the previous year that didn't happen.  There is no doubt that some people envision process more clearly and, thus, appear to be able to more accurately predict some future events and attitudes.  The reality is, accurate prediction of the future with the best educated guess possible.

As I was going through my computer, cleaning up old correspondence (which I rarely do since, I just keep making more room with bigger drives.  I marvel at people who can throw away their email as soon as they have read it.  I'm sure their closets and kitchen drawers are always neat and clean, as well.  My house is as cluttered as my mind.

But back to my cleaning...On 2/708 I wrote the following note to Senator Clinton, which I had forgotten having written and sent to her campaign headquarters..


"Senator Clinton
You are too qualified to take the Office of President with the mess in which Bush will leave it.  I believe that you are more valuable to our country than to be putting out fires as Obama will be doing.  People will be disappointed that he will not make miracles happen all too soon.  You do not need to be worn down so quickly.  I personally think you would serve this country better on the Supreme Court but you will make your own wise decisions.  I know that you will do well at whatever you do, no matter how disappointed I am that the country did not see fit to nominate you.  Remember, this is the country that made Bush president!"

That was my response to that which was before us all.  She would not have been the reliever, comforter, and inspiration that Obama is.  The title seems not to  be important. She is a wonderful public servant and I hope she will be honored as she deserves.  Those who guessed that she couldn't work with Obama were projecting their own inability to deal with disappointments and petty grievances..   Our citizens have much to learn and won't learn it watching or listening to the media. 

No comments: