Friday, February 10, 2012

COMCAST DID NOT ADD TO MY DAY

My phone and Internet with Comcast has been, since the end of October a game of chance that it will work on a given day, part of the day, sporadically, or not at all.  Yesterday, was the last straw (if I had any straws in the matter) when I had asked a tech to get to a supervisor. I could have settled the Middle East hostilities faster..It seems that this dedicated tech servant didn't believe me when I said he could not fix my problem from his station as it was a hardware problem.  I had already told him I have had four modem replacements and the problem persists.  Nevertheless, he noticed that my service was dropping out for long periods, randomly and also noted that no one had written anything (which I had been told had been done) since my last in home service call a month ago (when the last  brand new modem was taken out of the box, replacing the three previous failures.  I also told him I had limited minutes left on my cell (it had dropped out on the previous call attempt to reach Comcast, leaving me with out either land line or cell ). I had to drive 2 1/2 miles to the person who could get more minutes for me. This tech's computer froze as he was madly typing (while I was pleading with him to let me talk to a supervisor).  He told me the supervisors know nothing about tech issues, something that I did not find comforting.  He also couldn't get a supervisor because, with his frozen computer he couldn't reach one.  It took 29 minutes of my phone time for him to tell me he could only send a tech to me 2 days hence.
     
While writing this, my fingers are crossed as it has worked for more than two hours and I hasten to send this off in the event that I am on Internet and phone withdrawal as I write..

No comments: