Wednesday, June 27, 2012

MOONRISE KINGDOM

The longer one lives. the more one can appreciate something refreshingly new since the experience is so rare.  Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola have written a movie and Wes Anderson's direction does just that. It has long been my practice to avoid reviewers who publish their subjective opinions for money.  Instead, I usually follow suggestions of people who know me well.

Watch the preview here. after scrolling down and clicking on watch preview,  Then scroll down and read the list of the cast.  Each familiar face was in a totally unexpected roll, showing their skill for diversity...real acting, that is.

Production Companies


The music is a marvelous addition.  At first, when I heard Benjamin Britten, I was struck with the music I recall being in one of the Pride and Prejudice films.  The changes of themes throughout is pure genius,If one were to grow philosophical, there are many lessons taught in this film.  However, I chose not to squeeze out every possible dimension from the film as so many of my friends seem to choose to do; I just sat back and thoroughly enjoyed 93 minutes of being taken back to the 60s, a bit of my own feelings of budding adolescence, and caught between society's rules and the emotion of wanting to be loved.   I thank the recommendation to see this from my grandson, my daughter for taking me as a birthday gift, and the creators of this delightful reprieve from what we laughingly call reality: violence and pain.




No comments: