Friday, June 8, 2012

SOME PRODUCTS CHANGE MODELS ALMOST HOURLY WHILE OTHERS CHANGE EVERY CENTURY

If they can digitize Elvis and make you think he is real, they should be able to simulate the retina of a human eye so that I will be able to see a whole face again some day, can't they?  With science moving exponentially, we are seeing marvelous things coming out of research and entrepreneurship (anything  the suckered public will fall for and pay well).

Years ago,  paid the price for not applying the best oral health care possible, I learned that it was useful to have an electric toothbrush.  I tried a well-known brand but as I'm frequently told, "{for a big-mouth, you certainly have a small mouth!"  Next, following a short trial and error method, I bought a Braun Electric Toothbrush. an almost exact duplicate of my current one  which has lasted for about  eight years beyond warranty.  However, the rechargeable battery finally slowed down.  Apparently each year of human life is equal  to10 years of toothbrush life. 

It became more than clear that it was time for a new one, I looked at Costco and B.J's.  They sold models for very large families without having to get people to use each other's brush.  Finding two models that looked close to what I want, online, free shipping, it was  tie whether I would buy the $284.99 model on sale from formerly a $389.99 model.  I read the specs and found a really close replacement for the one I have which was only $129.99. formerly $179.99  I couldn't really tell the difference in models which warranted such a gap in price so I, undaunted, went through the phone maze for a human. I asked if I ordered whether I would have to pay more than if I ordered online.  I was assured that I would not pay a difference and would probably receive the product sooner..  I asked for the differences in the two models.  I learned that people who sell online must have many products they represent because the person I spoke with was courteous but did not know the difference.  We finally concluded that for the $150 difference, you had two more speeds of brushing.  I decided to buy the budget priced sports model  which I could downshift myself, which I have used happily for over ten years, than the NASCAR model .
For all the new products and changes, it was nice to see some things stay the same (more or less).  Like the paper clip. patented over several hundred years ago, some things are great the first time and don't require fancy additions.. 

No comments: