Wednesday, November 7, 2012

THOUGHTS WHILE LISTENING TO THE ELECTION RESULTS

     It amazes me at how many people hate Obama.  I do not understand it when they are from the middle and poorer classes.  It is certainly, to me, like 'biting your nose to spite your face'.  Did Grover Norquist make Romney feel so sure that he would be voted in because the Conservatives would see to it...one way or another?  Did he really feel that he could say whatever he wanted to lie about and that it would not be seen as insulting and condescending to reasonably intelligent citizens.
     Waiting this evening for votes to come in, the first real hoorah for me came when I heard that Elizabeth Warren beat Scott Brown.  Imagine, a real person beat a phony.  Perhaps there is justice, after all, somewhere.  Another real happy announcement was that Sherrod Brown won in Ohio, regardless of the millions poured into the campaign against him.  There were many dollars that poured in for other states for him, giving witness that some people are left who can see and effect the whole picture rather than petty grievances like skin color or made-up lies against someone.
      I truly wish I was a bigger person than I am (not in size but in character).  I was so sheered as I saw the 'bad guys' lose and the 'good guys' win.  I'm speaking of people like Claire McCaskill  who won over Todd Aikin.  Maybe the science committee without him will actually move into the 21st C.  The other lemon on the committee is Mourdock.  Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin will be the first openly gay Senator.  Sen. Aikin's concession speech is that he believes everything comes from God, not government.  My flesh crawled as I listened to him and was most relived this bigot was not to return to Washington in any way to 'represent me'.
     Tim Kaine beat George Allen in Virginia, again with not a trace of disappointment to be found within the walls of my house.  He beat the guy we thought had gone to his 'makaka' land after last election in Virginia.
NBC projects that President Obama has won California, Hawaii and the state of Washington.
    The real loss that made my heart feel full with hope is that Joe Walsh was defeated by Tammy Duckworth.  This man should never have been in the House of Representatives as he never represented anyone but himself and his own sleazy interests that had nothing to do with representing his constituency.
     Finally at 11:13 PM it was announced that Ohio went to President Obama, which gives us four more years of hope that we may survive and my good friends do not have to go to Canada.  Not surprisingly, the Romney team disagreed and vowed that every last vote had to be counted before they will concede.  We can only to continue to hope even though the Secretary of State in Ohio was not agreeing with the Romney camp.  Why am I not surprised they are also poor losers?


No comments: