Wednesday, January 23, 2013

FRUSTRATED WITH A COMPUTER PROBLEM

Life used to be simple.  I knew how to fix most anything that happened on my computer but things have become more complicated.  One of my computers is a laptop, using WIN 7.  Normally, I use my desktop which is still XP.  I also have an iPod.  It is akin to living in three places,  You have to remember where everything is. What you think you have is really in one of the other houses (or computers, in this case).

Recently a screen keeps popping up which tells me that the SSL certificate is out of date (to my email program or any site I wish to go to on the Internet) and will not be renewed until 2005.   Even as dense as i can get at times, I knew that indicated a significant problem then and there.  I decided that it might work if I just hit yes to allow passage to this unsafe place that I go to regularly, safely, like Google specifically.  It tells me Google's certificate is out of date and therefore not safe to go to., But Bing is okay. (I never did trust Microsoft) but I am not at all sure of what it is I mistrust here nor whom to contact.

Like everything else, I am sure there is a simple solution but since I don't have it, it can no longer be referred to as 'simple'.

Rather than write a blog today which would only reflect my frustration and little else of import, I will attempt to get my mail program working again, simplify my life, and go back to watering my plants..

No comments: