Tuesday, January 1, 2013

MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS 2013

Undoubtedly there will be those who will continue to vote in those members of the do-nothing Congress who have made it clear they are more interested in maintaining their jobs than doing what those who voted for them expect them to do.

Tonight our country has been pushed over the fiscal cliff.  I can only hope this means that the Republicans who have signed the Norguist Pledge will be freed from it now be taxes will be raised with absolutely no input or vote for it by any who had signed the pledge.  Isn't it amazing that their allegiance is greater to a non-elected official than our country.  It does not surprise me but it certainly saddens me.

Nevertheless, in keeping with my determination not to worry of things for which I have no control, I will spend the first day of the year thinking about the many years we celebrated my father's 'name day' and birthday on the 1st day of the they year.  He lived to be 107 1/2 so it is quite plain to see that New Year's Day had little flexibility in our family.  My father has been gone now for 25 years.  Adjusting to the fact that I am the elder of my generation has not been easy.  Part of growing up is to accept that there is so much that life has shown you but over which you have no ability to pick and choose the 'keepers'.

May you have had another year in 2012 to grow and learn so that you can start another year with more worldly knowledge.  Hopefully it will be a better year with new friends and more adaptation to being whatever age you now are.While the world turns on it pomp and pretense, greed and cruelty, may more of us stick to the morality which used to exist in our society once,

No comments: