Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A GRINCH CHRISTMAS

The Grinch didn't steal Christmas, he invented it. This is no longer the era of The Gift of the Magi. People should not sacrifice, though many will. People without jobs will try to make the same Christmas they have always made but with great sacrifice after the Holidays. Others will impulsively charge more than they can pay off quickly and be paying for Christmas 2007 until Christmas 2008.

Today I heard a woman in a store say she was only there to buy food for her work lunches. She finished all her gift shopping two months ago. I think there was a halo shining under her hat. It is my belief that, rather than gift giving, people should just be loving and nice to one another all year long.

I am with many friends who feel as I do. I don't lack for anything and usually buy what I want....fortunately, I don't have impossible yearnings. As it goes in the Three Little Pigs, my house is built of brick and is as wolf proof as I can make it.

No comments: