Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'M IN VERMONT HAVING FUN: WHERE ARE YOU?

Every Memorial Day weekend, the State of Vermont opens itself hospitably for visitors to art studios offering every conceivable form of art. In past years I have seen welding, blacksmithing, jewelry making, pottery, glass blowing, sculpting with varying media, oil paintings, water colors, and the list just goes on and on. Not only is there eye candy but many artists are happy to share their techniques with questioning visitors.

Once again I hope to return home full of fresh knowledge and ideas coupled with a weekend among true friends. I will be off the grid, without TV and my computer, with only good friends, conversation, food, beauty and warmth to sustain me for a couple of days.

It will be a mini-vacation I enjoy once a year that matches those who go to India to a guru to find themselves. I know who I am and have not lost myself. thus I have no need to 'find' myself...a really wonderful place to be in life.

No comments: