Saturday, July 5, 2008

A DAY OFF IS NEEDED OCCASIONALLY

My not writing a blog for a day would not shatter any one's world, especially not even my own. The self-discipline to write daily is somewhat absurd, even to me. I have little to say that would do anything but waste time reading non-funny events in our currently depraved world. This started me thinking about some absurdities in life.

It is absurd that I have to put on hip boots to wade through the clutter in my computer room. Instead of cleaning, I sit and read Jane Austen sequels. Last night I picked one up and read a whole chapter, details of Lizzy and Darcy sounding familiar, before I realized it was a sequel I had read before. It is absurd to no longer remember what I have read! Why do I read them? Because it blanks out the absurdity of life with a far less annoying absurdity. I can't change the world but I have come to enjoy the writers who can change a 200 year old novel to make it as they want the story to have been. Wouldn't it be fun to make the world as we want it.

First starting with sex offenders, since the Supreme Court ruled they can not be given a death penalty, they might be sent to a penal colony. Micronesia might have a few somewhat unused islands. If citizens can be removed from their homes by eminent domain and relocated when a reservoir is needed, why not putting an island to this use.

I haven't quite figured out what might save this near death country yet. Bush and company surely have only moved it along its euthanasia path. Howard Hughes tried to totally control his environment. He failed and had a lot of money. The problem for me is how to do it without money.

No comments: