Friday, July 4, 2008

UNEXPECTED LAUGHTER

Today hit an all-time high for my recent belly-laughter. Twice I was unable to restrain the tide with either taut Kegels or tightly crossed legs! The first was when an old friend sent me this url of Tim Conway and Harvey Korman. Having survived recent eulogies for Tim Russert and George Carlin, I expectantly prepared to be sad. When sad, I leak from my eyes... far more acceptable socially. If you have by now watched the YouTube video I gave you here, you will understand I leaked elsewhere.

Having stemmed the tide, I then allowed myself to read Dave Barry's article on turning 50. The article can be found in its entirety and should be read without having to take a break which I couldn't forestall. That kind of humor should have a label warning: By reading, excessive laughter may produce a levee breach.

Since excessive laughter also kicks in endorphins, I have noticed I have worn a ridiculous smile on my face all day. No frustrating experience produced the usual sour rant or ill humor. Like Elizabeth Bennett in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice "I dearly love to laugh!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really funny! Jim (who was watching over my shoulder) said "what happened? - Did that hurt?" - yes, for a little while and then numbness set in...

Yiayia said...

Tam, we need to see humor in as much a we can in life. I take it where I can find it.