Thursday, August 14, 2008

DIFFICULT SITES TO MANEUVER


There was a time when I used PayPal. When I changed my ISP and my email address changed, I forgot that PayPal had me listed under another address so I was not able to log on. I tried logging in at the old address (as I had at another site) to find where it asks if you have changed your email address and to,please, make the change now, with very clear, specific steps for doing so. At the time, I was in my usual rush and, after finding no way to change my email address, I paid with a credit card and promptly forgot about PayPal.

However, now five months later, I realize that many shopping sites prefer using PayPal and my original reasons for signing up resurfaced. This time I bit the bullet and just went on as a new account. That works for me but I wonder how long it will take for them to clean out their database. Since they are owned by eBay, I presume that it is a very data base.

Finally, after many tries (I would not have persevered had it not been very important to the person for whom I was ordering), I was able to succeed in setting up an account and able to order my item on the spot. There was no explanation of what the difference is in shipping rates. I was guessing that Priority (simply because it costs more) must be faster than First Class. There seemed to be no overnight delivery which I would have preferred. Oh well, I wish the techs or amateurs who make up these sites would try to use them or that there was someplace one could give them some tips on the frustrations customers experience on ordering from some sites, or going through phone mazes that never ask a useful question or list the right category!

No comments: