Sunday, August 17, 2008

VERIZON ONLY WORSENS

A while ago I mentioned that I hit Google with "Verizon complaints". At that time I got 360,000 hits. Today: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,370,000 English pages for Verizon complaints. (0.16 seconds) I wrote on 4/15 and 5/31. Things have not improved, obviously from the number of complaints. By way of comparison, I wrote "RCN complaints" Results 1 - 10 of about 107,000 English pages for RCN complaints. (0.17 seconds) Next I checked out Comcast Results 1 - 10 of about 1,120,000 English pages for Comcast complaints. (0.21 seconds) Lastly, I tried FIOS complaints because that is the newest Verizon product offered. Results 1 - 10 of about 75,700 English pages for Verizon FIOS complaints. (0.24 seconds)

I began to write a letter once to the Verizon headquarters. As I wrote it quickly began to look like the script of a soap opera and then the letter too on the size of a book...I have never sent it as I did not take the time to edit and prioritize the complaints. Another person wrote his saga with the company.

If you are already so unfortunate as to have signed up with Verizon, take my advice and all others with whom I've spoken who are with them. Check your bills monthly. They will slip in all sorts of things you have not ordered. Then, as though you have nothing in life to do but chat with their 'friendly' customer service, you can get to spend endless hours going through their phone maze. Beware, they explain fully when they have done something weird with your billing like 'miscellaneous adjustment'. I think they have been taking lessons from hospitals on how to charge with total obfuscation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Verizon FIOS: see New York Times Tue Aug 19 2008. Business section. "Fios shows signs of growth". I have Fios 3 way,(tv, tel, Internet) Instalation by technician was no hassle, Get the right tel numbers and tech support is possitive. Suggestion: spend some time learning Fios and join the 21st century.

Yiayia said...

They must have had a hard time finding the one aberrant, success story! Probably more people read the Times and will be mislead than people wise enough to Google and read the complaints. Thanks for the comment AW