Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WHATEVER ARE THEY THINKING?

At the preliminary activities of the Democratic Convention, a woman (whose identity I missed) commented "The better candidate has won the nomination". I take great issue with this mentality. It does not follow logically that the most favored is, indeed, the 'best'. Nor does it follow that the winner is always the best. It is just a shot of opinions in time, or as in sports...a good day.

It was commented on MSNBC that Hillary Clinton would be speaking and that her body language would be "parsed". Now that is about as accurate as phrenology, reading the bumps on someone's skull. However, it is consistent with the subjective speculations that seem to be all that the media is capable of putting forth. On CNN: The "big question is 'Can Hillary Clinton convince her voters to back Obama?" Really? Whose big question. It would seem to be a media question because they have begun to sound like the first act of a soap opera, like the nightly news who preface the presentation of the news as though they are running a marketing ploy; stay tuned or you will miss all this excitement; don't touch that dial (we need the ratings).

An announcement was made by Dan Abrams of MSNBC that at official in New York warned delegates that "drinks go to your head faster (in Denver) because of the altitude" and that is why they refer to the 'day after imbibing too much the night before in celebration; as "the Mile High Hangover".

CNN: Michele Obama, a new star in the Democratic party, an attorney who is all poise and professional. Speaking of Hillary, this man said, "Her time is past and someone ought to tell her!" I was outraged that this person is permitted to speak on TV. Another example of our 'unbiased' news people!! He went on to say, "I get a sense her heart isn't in it." Amazing that he has objective insight into her heart; it amazes me as to the source.

These inane comments happen all the time and it makes me think I will have to start writing them down as I hear them. When I am sure of the accuracy of my recording their quotes, I will be more specific about the sources in the future....for myself whether anyone else is interested or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed Michelle Obama's speech, as we are at the beach and somewhat tuned-out to what's going on. My friends, Obama-philes, loved it and I'll try to view it on You-Tube when back home with a reliable internet connection.

Hillary's speech was great. Reminded me of what I loved about her - before her handlers had her slinging mud at Obama. She kicked butt. I pay no attention to the pundits - just literally tune them out. Bunch of mo-rons...

Yiayia said...

tamara, we seem to be on the same wave length. That is encouraging. I only wish we could find ourselves with the majority of Americans. We can hope!

T-Dawg said...

There are now a dozen cable news channels that have to fill up the airwaves 24 hours a day AND pull in ratings. Like tamara says, you tune them out like a bad commercial that is overplayed.