Sunday, September 28, 2008

MORE MCCAIN-OBAMA


This picture appeared on the front page of the BBC News online. Had I not seen an article with it, I would have concluded the obvious; Obama, the more youthful and vigorous, kinder man, helping the old, tired and unwell McCain who can't look him in the eye. It seems far more representative of reality than one would hear from the Republican-biased pundits.

Having read many reviews of the debate on 9/26/08, I am left with the impression that everyone on TV and the Internet had a criticism of both. However, it seems that more people thought Obama was the winner, while a slightly smaller number vacillated, unable to give the win to either. Still fewer thought McCain was the winner.

My sense was that, while everyone had their grievances and suggestions about Obama missing opportunities to to nail McCain on things, I felt Obama was far more Presidential, took the high road without using condescenion of the other candidate, had more content to offer, and seemed more relaxed. He didn't resort to the Middle School mentality of repeated insults that McCain used on him such as inexperience, naive, and 'just doesn't get it' stuff. McCain never looked directly at Obama. He was whiny an repeated himself with snide remarks as though he were dueling with feathers instead of swords. I cannot see the damage done that so many pundits thought he inflicted on Obama.

To me, this picture says it all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Howdy from Tully,
I totally agree with you, the picture captures the essence of the debate, and an open-minded, confident, and kind Obama. Obama also impressed with his detailed understanding and analysis of a broad range of foreign policy challenges. Obama was the winner of this debate, and I think he will take this election.

Melissa

Unknown said...

Hi Eve,

I totally agree with you, the picture captures the essence of the debate, and an open-minded, confident, and kind Obama. Obama also impressed with his detailed understanding and analysis of a broad range of foreign policy challenges. Obama was the winner of this debate, and I think he will take this election.

Melissa