Thursday, October 2, 2008

INSPIRATION AND DEDICATION GIVE WAY TO TIRED

Determined last night to write my usual blog, I found there is really nothing new politically to interest me. If I claim disinterest, it is difficult to assume anyone else is seeking time to waste on reading more of the same old stuff. My energies had been spent on, among other things, a discussion with a gentleman who thought that Palin was certainly as competent to be president as any of the other three running. Those, who may have understood my views, by now must realize that a heated discourse between the two of us followed this declaration.

The news everywhere would have us believing that there is nothing worth imparting on the world front. I can't imagine the odds on how soon Biden will make a gaff or talk too long; or how soon people will realize that all the hair piled onto the top of Palin's head covers an intellectually challenged brain. Since I never bet on anything but a sure thing, I will not even get that simple adrenalin boost.

Instead, like many, I will restrain myself tonight, in consideration of the cost of a TV replacement, and hurl only invectives failing short of the intensity of my emotions. (Yiayia makes a note to find or invent some more fitting and expressive profanity). At some point, I will search the world newspapers (that are in English) to find out what is going on, really, in the world that might be of import. The values currently in the US are at a Middle School level as compared to adults in so many other places. I realize that the last eight years has dumbed-down the level of expectation for our leaders. Apparently it is more important to think of putting someone in office with whom you can have a beer and a hot dog in the back yard, or in the case of Gov. Palin, who is hot, than to be an (I hesitate to write this pejorative word) intellectual. It amuses me that Gov. Palin also pronounces 'nuclear' as nucuhlar...now tell me if she gets in we won't have another Bush in there! Sadly, I near regurgitation as I realize she seems to exhibit a lower IQ than even he dies!

No comments: