Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WILL MY PANIC BE OVER ON 11/4?

There still seem to be a few voters out there who plan to vote for McCain because they don't really know him. I suggest they get to know the real McCain who, if truth be known, makes G. W. Bush look like a far better candidate. It is a long article but the facts are real and can be checked.

Palin is, further, a very poor choice for him to have made as she is totally unqualified to take over for him during his presidency, should the unfortunate likelihood happen that he gets elected. Palin's small town snobbery was powerful, though she thinks she was speaking to hockey moms (as though they don't have those in urban areas, as well, and to Joe Six-pack, not realizing whom she was insulting.

There was a time when I was reasonably sure that Obama /Biden was a better choice. While I still believe that, now I am totally panicked that they might not get in. When people equate Obama's intelligence with Palin's, I fear the man in the white coat will come to get me. As I think of it, if McCain becomes President, I may beg the man in the white coat to come get me!

Wishing for 11/4 to come soon is back to be wishing my life away...not a good way to go. Yet, the agony of hearing all the people who are either throwing their vote away, or voting with no valid facts to back up their choice, I slip away from continuing my feel-good-life at all times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

E, your panic will be over on 11/4. Obama will be our next president. Here is something to think about (and you know this better than anyone - me thinks!). Human behavioral change doesn't happen without a very compelling purpose, and often times that purpose is ignited by pain and suffering. We can do extraordinary things when we "have to". Well, we have the perfect chaos and pain in the system now from which to drive real change. We are no longer "fat, dumb and happy".

So, as harsh as it may seem, I am grateful for this economic wake-up call. We must look at who we've become as a nation, and understand how we have contributed to this economic mess. Google "the story of stuff" - we are a society that worshops "more and better", although more and better do not make us more satisfied or happy.

We are at the very beginning of a massive paradigm shift. Thomas Friedman's (think flat world) recent book "Hot Flat and Crowded" is a call to action for us to accelerate this shift into the "Energy-climate Era". I see a subset of leaders in corporate America (where I spend most of my time) leading this shift toward a sustainable global economy. Because we can, because we must, and because it will make us feel good.

So, change is in the air, and the conditions are ripe for true cultural change. Obama and team's job will be to create a compelling vision, plan, and use the same level of social networking and engagement that is giving them this election to keep his supporters fully engaged in rebuilding a better, more sustainable world.