Tuesday, June 16, 2009

VERIZON COMPLAINTS GOOGLED 1 YEAR LATER

One year ago I thought it was staggering that there were 386,000 hits on Google Search if one typed 'Verizon Complaints'. One year later, the following shows up. Results 1 - 10 of about 1,510,000 for Verizon complaints. (0.21 seconds) In fairness, I Googled its closest competitor in our area: The following appeared for Comcast: Results 1 - 10 of about 699,000 for comcast complaints. (0.08 seconds)

It is true that FIOS is an improvement over my previous download speed but now other ISPs have caught up and are offering similar packages with more channels at a lower price. Have you noticed that, as soon as you sign a two-year contract that promises everything, that the price will not change, the price changes by going up. The channels lessen and do not seem to offer those you might watch. Your friends with different ISPs talk about great channels which are not offered as part of your extended basic package.

After more than a year of never receiving an accurate billing statement, I can now say that I seem to be receiving them at last. The Spanish speaking channel for which I was being billed (and not noticed on my bill)for 4 months, was the first time that I got a humane customer service operator who allowed me a refund in entirety. She patiently listened to my blistering account of all the previous torture I had experienced since I went to Verizon. I told her about the Satan who told me I should have gotten the contract in writing and enjoyed the helplessness of this customer with no control. She was kind in voice and action, making my entrapment for another 9 months until I can be delivered away from Verizon less terrorizing. I don't do hard labor or helplessness well. I do not respond to being lied to and cheated calmly, either.

No comments: