Wednesday, December 9, 2009

RANDOM RESPONSES TO THE DAY'S NEWS

It shocks me when I hear people say, "I didn't vote because I knew XXX was going to get in." I'm working hard at gaining mastery in guilt tripping them though I obviously have not aced the art yet. It reminds me of friends who voted for someone they didn't want to see in because they wanted to make a statement to their candidate of choice. The statement ended up being the loss of the candidate they thought was such a shoo in.

Hypocrisy is only outdone by stupidity and ignorance. Uganda is making laws to kill homosexuals on the basis of a grown-up cottage industry that has sprung up to sell courses, retreats, books or 'whatevers' to teach people how to cure themselves and others of homosexuality. A naive or sick government is buying it. What sickens me is that it is Americans who are behind it all. To read an article on Where scandal meets spirituality, click here. It boggles my mind that there are enough sick and misguided people to keep these politicians, con artists and non-scientists on the job.

Lastly, where is the rumor coming from that predicts the Republicans will win all the next elections? Does anyone really think that returning to the good old days of GW Bush will be a good campaign slogan? If the majority of the country voted Obama in on the hope of CHANGE, what makes anyone think that spells Republican in any language or delusion?

No comments: