Monday, June 28, 2010

INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE ONLY INTERESTED IN THEIR OWN REALITY

People who argue their own personal beliefs without any scientific or actual facts to back their beliefs are most difficult with whom to discuss religion or religious beliefs.  Needless to say, everyone is entitled to their beliefs but is does say something about their logic (or lack of it), gullibility, rigidity, and if they had strong, early religious training, their inability to change their minds on the basis of new, convincing information. 

People in this group are often thrilled byu Having thought long enough about why I believe or disbelieve myself, I find it interesting to listen to others state their positions and reasons.  The most difficult for me to respond to are those who say, "You don't need to understand, you just have to have faith."  Having had a curious mind all my life (I have to look up words I don't know) and Google has become my closest friend.Not only do I need to understand, I need to understand why I DON'T understand things.

Greta Christina writes a blog to which I have linked before.She talks about the people who are less interested in what's really true about the universe than they are about their personal interpretation of it.  Discussions such as the author describes in her article are plentiful.  People may be happy to find who think as they do around them, they may just enjoy girls,  

No comments: