Thursday, July 1, 2010

CELL PHONE DO NOT CALL LIST

Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008. Read more about it at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/04/dncfyi.shtm.

If you have not registered, click here to do so.  There is apparently no reason to have to do so again on that number.  However, it is for profit companies only, with paid telemarketers.

It would be my guess that most telemarketers choose random numbers and just call. I have given my cell phone to only a select few friends and make very few calls.  My phone doesn't take pictures, play songs, have apps, a GPS, or any other goodies.  Since I don't go out a lot, it is rarely even on, yet today, while I was charging it, I got a call from a telemarketer.  It is unconscionable for people to be able to call randomly and use up something which costs the called money.  A few years ago people regularly sent messages (ads) to fax machines which cost people paper and ink cartridges.  If people choose to subsidize clothing manufacturers by wearing their logos, it is their choice.  I choose never to do that so certain brands will never appear on my body, as a matter of principal.

No comments: