Monday, July 12, 2010

EXERCISE IN FRUSTRATION

Unable to type since the malware I quarantined kept popping up elsewhere, I ran the over two hour total system scan.  It would find a new object and quarantine it and the computer would work properly for a bit.  Then it would repeat freezing the keyboard and changing the current screen in the process  I cursed in the air with very unladylike curses (having picked them up in several languages here and there over the years).

Eventually, the retrieval method stopped working and the cursing renewed vigorously. (The neighbors might not have known how good it was to have my AC on and windows shut).  I went to my second drive and deleted the whole folder that had been a backup to an old drive a few years ago, one I just never got around to attending just as my closets are full of clothes I no longer wear and my kitchen drawers are full of tools I no longer use.  I figured that I should not only put it in the trash bin, but I also deleted it from the trash bin...hoping never to see any of it again.  Meanwhile I decided to buy the Malware program I had been using free..  I had tried before to pay for it and download it but the malware that was on prevented me from typing the info needed to purchase it.   The program said it accepted several of the cards I held , but only through PayPal in which my account had not been updated to the new expiration date I had neglected to send to PayPal.  This all began to feel as though I was sliding down a banister and picking up lots of splinters in a very sensitive and painful area.

Once I was able to update PayPal, hoping fervently that the malware wouldn't peak-a-boo me again, I managed to successfully handle the update to PayPal but, while I had a reference number, there were no instructions on downloading the malware I had just purchased.  Meanwhile, the computer is working as it should, for several hours. Now I just can't believe it is a problem solved so I sit here waiting for the other shoe to drop.

1 comment:

T-Dawg said...

I am getting angry that you knew where you could turn to for FREE assistance, and didn't. :(

You have to turn off System Restore before cleaning out many malwares. They tend to trick Windows into believing something important was deleted, and Windows itself defeats the cleansing.