Tuesday, July 13, 2010

DOES THE US ACTIVELY PROTECT US FROM DOMESTIC TERRORISTS?

A recent article by Joshua Holland brought up an issue long troubling to me.  Some of the rhetoric I have heard from Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, Bachmann and others sounds very much like they are supporting an uprising of violence. with phrases like, "Let's take our government back"  Militias have grown stronger but indications are that they are not to protect the United States from invaders but rather from elected leaders and our own government. I have questioned the legality of elected politicians taking this position and felt myself whistling in the wind.

Usually I make comments on what some with whom I agree or disagree, has said, making myself clear by comments.  Today I want to urge you to read this article by Joshua Holland.  Once again we seem caught in the trap of the 'bad guys are foreigners...we Americans are the good guys'.  How wrong is that thinking?  The bad guys, folks, are some of us.  Revolutions are not always started in other countries by the CIA, as some people might think, but are started within the American 'family'.We only have to remember the Murrah Bldg which seemed eclipsed by the towers, about which oil rich lands were the goal of the 'getting even 'with Hussein who had nothing to do with it.  Our militias train regularly, are well armed, and look forward to overcoming our government, spurred onward by angry rhetoric from media and politicians yet , it seems, they are not considered a threat.  I consider them a great threat and wonder why we can't, as ordinary people, see the forest for the trees.

Wake up America and look at your own backyard and neighborhood!

No comments: