Friday, December 24, 2010

CHRISTMAS BUYING, WRAPPING, GIVING AND GETTING

December shouts Santa Claus and Christmas are coming soon but you don't realize how soon.  It is like premature ejaculation...before you know it, is has come and gone leaving nothing but a pleasant memory until the next time.  The work that goes into it is unbalanced.  It takes far longer to shop than to put your gifts away; longer to to buy paper and wrap gifts. than unwrap and dump the paper.

I've marveled at people who pay more to wrap a gift than to purchase it.  Having lived through our last major depression, I can't waste good wrappings and ties.  When I am able to salvage stuff (before the next generation can wad it up and stuff it in a plastic bag, the problem is always where to store it all for the next year.  I realize this simple dynamic is what has made my house a blivet.  My apologies if my language has shocked anyone but it is a WW II term that is now in the urban dictionary...ah, how soon we forget!  Actually, the generations of today never knew it!  They never understood 'stow', only 'throw'. 

I wish you loyal readers  the happiest of seasons and a wonderful 2011.

No comments: