Monday, August 8, 2011

THE UNION AND VERIZON

If you Google 'Verizon complaints' you get:  "About 7,270,000 results(0.14 seconds)"  While some may be frivolous from grumpy people, it surely cannot account for 7 million.  As a customer of Verizon, I dislike the practices they used to get me as a customer.  The sales people came door to door and could not print a complete contract.  What they promised was not approved by the 'office'.when it was too late to do anything about it.  For many months, bills were never accurate.  What I was told would happen, did not in many instances.

So when I read today that 45,000 Verizon employees went on strike, I was not surprised that negotiations with the unions since 6/22/11 have failed and the union does not feel that they are being treated with fair negotiations.  Thus it was not a surprise to read:  " The company said it had trained tens of thousands of managers, retired workers and others to fill in for striking staff."

Some of my friends have abandoned the Verizon ship and gone to Comcast.  It certainly bears further exploration.  After all, Google shows them as having received fewer complaints...About 3,510,000 results (0.16 seconds).Should that be enough if the monthly bill goes down?  I hear that they guarantee a two year fixed rate.  It sounds better all the time.

No comments: