Thursday, January 12, 2012

TRY TO REACH THE TECH: FUN AT COMCAST

Happily at my computer,paying a bill online, an error message indicated the site I was on was either too busy to accept my payment or was having a problem. "please call back later"  When the  same error message was repeated too many times, I tried another site and found I could not get on the Internet.  Since Comcast also has my phone service (*!@# these 'package deals') my phone was not working, though my cable TV was still speaking to no one in another room.

A trip to another room for my cell phone, rarely used,meant this call ate up whatever minutes I have for the year on this and the last service call to Comcast.  I by now am feeling the steam level in my head building.  Through the usual phone maze, I finally got to a very nice technician barely still in the USA he was so far away., This gentleman told me he had endless patience.  I'm sure I used up his endless supply in the next several minutes though he remained  through the next many frustrating minutes..

I was asked to reset my cable modem  ( I had to get a flashlight and stand on my head to do that).  The reset did not solve my problem.  I pulled the AC off the modem.  Rebooted my computer (which went psychotic and played the Windows startup sound as in an endless loop.  I shut off the computer, also disconnected, waited and reconnected the AC, and still could not get on the Internet.  Another reboot of the computer which definitely had a problem (which had not existed before loss of the Internet and phone.) was dinally seemingly back as before the glitch and loss of contact with cyber world.


All of this is another household chore like preparing meals, cleaning house, washing clothes, etc. Life is full to time consuming tasks.  Just as I would lose all my teeth if I didn't tip, floss and brush them, so I will lost all my data, photographs, and things I have written if I don't keep my computer healthy, a task which would br easier if I didn' have to rely and on an impersonal corporation spread all over the world...

No comments: