Saturday, April 7, 2012

LET'S HEAR IT FOR TURBOTAX MAKING LIFE EASIER


Whoopee, with the convenience of e-filing , the IRS will have my completed tax foirms before the deadline!  Unbelievable!  Naturally, I could not find last year's printout, though during the three hours I hunted last night for it (not even sure that there ever was one) I found all sorts of treasures I have not seen for years.. It proves that no time spent is ever a waste.

I really need to speak about the advantages of a Financial Planner. Having worked my whole life I realized a few years ago that my earnings were going to a stock broker  who could talk a cat off a fish wagon.  I bought and sold enough to buy his kids their college educations, I'm sure, while I had to work a second job to get mine educated.

My agreement with my CFP was 'as long you make more for me than it cost me to pay and your company, I will be happy.  I have been totally pleased.  I now know that I might be able to live out my life without having to sit on the corner with a tin cup hanging off my hand.

Thankfully, as technology advances, TurboTax made it easier and easier each year to file taxes with frustration not eliminated but, at least, brought to a minimum.  I did not fill in the forms myself but was handy for the person to ask about all the things needed.  I fetched info as needed and available.  Then I made backups of my backups, hoping to make things even easier next year.

No comments: