Friday, April 6, 2012

NON-VIOLENTLY WAYS TO DEAL WITH FRUSTRATION

Procrastination is one of the ways to deal with frustration.  Denial also works well for a while.  It did not come as a surprise that taxes will soon be due and I need to do something about it soon.  So I started.  One must realize that it is not easy to get back a year of good intentions to avoid the yearly problems.  If I had filed, saved and documented properly, life would be easy.  But, alas, life is rarely easy for some of us.  There are always more interesting things to do than those tedious tasks.

Drooping leaves  tell me that plants need watering; my gurgling tummy tells me I need to eat which also says I have to be the person to provide the food...shop, and prepare precede the meal, There are showers to be had, teeth to be brushed (at least I can say most still there to be brushed); all those ablution things; all those body and maintenance things.  I have yet to put the IRS into one of those daily awareness tasks, which, of course, I should.

I've put thinking about taxes in the same category as the urge to climb a mountain. I do as my wonderful professor in 1949 advised, "When you have the urge to climb a mountain, lie down until the urge passes."  I can easily say I have faithfully followed that advice.  Sometimes  I don't lie down but play a bit of piano, listen to music, eat, read, talk to friends, and do mindless tasks.  I can be so compulsive with things that mean nothing important to anyone but me.  I keep data bases on almost everything and know where most everything is except that for which I happen to be in need at the moment, like the print out of last year's taxes..  Oh well, this too shall pass.


No comments: