Sunday, May 20, 2012

Most people do not keep the ridiculous hours I keep but, apparently enough do so that PBS, WGBH has started to put on shows that haven't been seen for many years after midnight on Sunday , at least.  Tonight I watched a very old cooking show by Julia Childs; it was followed by a new opera, Baroque, titled The Enchanted Island.by the Metropolitan Opera Company.

Today was a beautiful, sunny, warm day    There was a time in my past when I loved to work in the yard.  That time has past but the yard doesn't stop needed just because I stop wanting.  Now is the time, right after blossoming, that one should prune bushes.  It became imperative as I have procrastinated for several years.  It is like a man not going to the barber for a year or more.  The world would quickly notice. It is not that I really mind overgrown bushes but when the city sends me notices that they can't get in to read the water meter and will start billing me on an estimated basis, it is time for me to take action.  Today I trimmed an azalea working carefully.  The end result?  The bush looks much smaller but does not reveal the yard barber was sat it.

The world is full of discovery whether it is on TV, in my yard, or in my basement.  Each gives up treasures.  I saw a humming bird on my feeder, heard a mother bird chatter at me for going too near her nest as I was pruning the bush nearby, and found the small, George Foreman grille that was hidden in my basement for the least eight years.  Using Greased Lightning, it now looks brand new.  If you've ever had to wash something out like a noxious smelling and nauseating recyclable bin, a greasy pan or oven shelf, I know of no better product.  Spray it on, wipe it off and then wash it.

Saturday chores were even pleasant.  Gas has become cheaper since the last time I filled up my czar...always a pleasant surprise. I've decided I'm just feeling like an optimistic person.  For those of you who wonder about optimism, listen to the TED; watch the talk by Teli Sharot here.

No comments: