Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A NEW AT LEAST TO ME) PHONE SCAM

Apparently there is a phone scam that hasn't come to me directly but a few friends have encountered it.  A younger voice calls and senior and says, "This is your grandson.  I'm in Spain and have had an automobile accident.  My nose is broken.  I need $800."  My thought the voice sounded familiar and said , "Andrew?"  The voice said, "Yes."  My friend, who is sharp, said,"What is your middle name?"  The caller hung up.  One might question about things that only the person would know, like sibling names, or ask misleading questions such as:  "Why didn't you call your trust officer?"  or, "Did you tell your probation officer you had gone to Spain?"

eHow has a good article on how to recognize a scam.  To read it, click here.There are some good suggestions which should help as warnings.  Take a moment and read the article in full.

No comments: