Friday, October 12, 2012

BIDEN-RYAN DEBATE

The talks after debates is are interesting.  CNN thought Ryan won (which confirms what I have thought all along...more are Republican on CNN (which is probably why I stopped watching CNN as often as I used to do). MSNBC thought Biden won, confirming that they probably lean more on the Democrat side though they bring the most ridiculous Republican representative on their programs.  The only Republican whom I respect and whom they have on MSNBC frequently is is Steve Schmidt.  He shows the most objectivity of any of those who make guest appearances where there are Democrats..

Republicans thought Ryan did a great job.  Democrats knew Biden did a great job. (The focus group was 50% in favor of Biden.  He was articulate and clear on every subject raised.  Ryan continued his games of repeating the Republican five point goal  but no 'mapquest' directions on how they will get it done.  In a focus group, one Catholic woman agreed with Biden.  She felt it was important to be able to choose for herself and did not want to see non-Catholics forced to follow the values of a religion not their own.

This followed a day that started with a knock on my door and two Jehovah's Witness ladies who have tried to speak to me several times before.  They came with greetings from a former regular JW visitor with whom I enjoyed sharing thoughts.  She accepted my Atheism and I respected her right to believe with 'faith', which has always eluded me.  Today, as we were discussing some of our differences. One lady told me she does not believe in evolution as it is still only a 'theory'.  I said it has been proven in labs many times.  I asked why she thought that a virus gets stronger and stronger, is that not evolution?  At this point, since they can never answer anything beyond their limited mantra, they immediately asked how life starts.  I told them we were not talking about that.  The Bible can't explain it beyond a 'theory' either.  The conversation of people who are willing to accept views blindly only grew more frustrating when, in the evening, I listened to the same blind logic among undecided voters in a focus group.

Voting day cannot  come soon enough for my nerves which are getting as ragged as Mrs. Bennet's (Pride and Prejudice).  For someone who has promised herself to live a stress free life for her remaining days, I can't fight the addiction of following this election campaign. 


No comments: