Friday, December 28, 2012

INTRUDERS INTO YOUR LIFE AND COMPUTER

A great annoyance to me is when I am working on something and an old program I have not used forever, it seems, pops up and wants to update itself.  Being distracted from what I was doing I made the mistake of clicking to update Real Player, which I can't remember last using, and as I clicked I noticed I had clicked a download to Norton Security/  I immediately went to (this computer is still XP) removing programs.  Norton does not respond to remove until after it has done a complete scan of your computer.  It cannot be removed.  It has been a long time since I did a 'regedit' but a few years ago I recall it was the only way to get rid of Norton.  I have a particular abhorrence of programs that will not let you throw them out and want to take up unwanted residence in my computer. 

Some programs that want to update do one the courtesy of a tab that says 'later' and quietly fades away when you are in the middle of something that requires your concentration or speed to finish.  When they don't and just hang in their I want to find the programmer and do damage to that person.  I obviously am not violent but I can fantasy,m can't I?


No comments: