Thursday, October 4, 2007

Nature's planning

Yesterday I passed an Azalea bush in my yard and noted that it has put forth two weak little blossoms. It is clearly confused because now is not the time, after it had rewarded me with beautiful, deep red blossoms all over itself, in the springtime, for letting it live in my yard

This fall shows little colorful foliage as we have not yet had a hard frost. The bright side to that is that the gas bill is not as high. The furnace doesn't go on. The electric bill is lower because the A/C doesn't need to be on. The night's are cool and it keeps the house at good temperature all day.

The major dilemma is what to wear. I had stopped hunting for the summer clothes I put away last year and couldn't find. Life is full of dilemmas for which someone wrote a lovely little poem. Naturally, those aware of global warming will be placing the blame there. However, it matters naught to me. As far as I am concerned, it can stay Indian Summer forever. I love the warmth and will probably not be around when all the glaciers have finished melting and Earth becomes uninhabitable for the human race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wise one, the warmth is good I agree, Cynda