Friday, January 4, 2008

A HEADFUL NOT WORTH REPEATING

Sometimes one's thoughts race around in many circles, touching subjects along the way like an insect flying in the garden, touching on the leaves, blossoms, and plants, never staying on any spot for long. My head has behaved in that manner today...too many thoughts to unwind singly from the cumulative mass.

As a disappointed old faithful of the TV pundits and talking heads, I've decided to take a bit of a hiatus and limit myself choices to listening only to the speeches I hear directly from the candidates themselves. I continue to respond to phone calls, some of which are interesting and some not, though I admit I am far more apt to talk longer to people who care enough to ask me what is new in my life as well as telling me what is new in theirs. The New England continuously changing weather makes each day a challenge for leaving this cozy nest. The parking area in front of the house has become a very lumpy skating rink. While the walk has been melted of ice and cleared, the walk over the lawn requires the skill displayed by Evel Knievel to get to the car and down from the wall safely.

With a holiday in the middle of the week, which changed the trash day and pushed the weekend up too fast and totally disoriented me, I've decided to stay quiet and give my head a rest by watching chick-flick movies that are purely vanilla (or B-flat, if you prefer a music metaphor). Since my first choice would have been to stay at home in warmth until the leaves are out in the spring, this is what I will have to settle for tonight.

No comments: