Monday, August 25, 2008

A MASTER UNDER GOOD REGULATION

"This is the story of Pride and Prejudice as seen through the eyes of Reggie, Mr. Darcy's dog. Reggie has a keen perception of things going on around him and the story begins with Darcy as a young boy of 15, picking Reggie out from a litter. We see the two of them become close companions as Darcy grows up and enters the story of Pride and Prejudice that Jane Austen penned. But the story also takes you to those silent months and behind the scenes where Reggie has much on which to reflect, comment, and intervene. Visit "KaraLou's" website, Jane Austen's Land of Ahhhs;, www.ahhhs.net, to read additional stories by her."...description of the book by the author or publisher.

I have tried to read all the Pride and Prejudice spin-offs, but struggle with whether this one has just gone too far afield for even my obsession with Austen (or the cottage industry that has sprung up from the ability to plagiarize her original work). I admit that Pemberley's Promise, also by Kara Louise, was one of the best of the 26 that I have so-far read. She has also written a couple of others, one an altered Version of Pride and Prejudice (Assumed Engagement) and the second, (Assumed Obligation) a sequel to Assumed Engagement, as well as to Pride and Prejudice. These are now ordered and I will offer my unsolicited opinions on those, too, when I receive and have read them.




I would be interested in reading some feedback from others who are Austen fans. To leave a comment you need a gmail account. You can get a free gmail account by signing up at: http://www.google.com/, whether you ever use it for anything else or not. Otherwise, I'm not sure whether you can even leave an anonymous comment...a peculiarity of blogspot.

No comments: